Python’s Flask Introduction
Flask is a web framework. This means flask provides you with tools, libraries and technologies that allow you to build a web application. This web application can be some web pages, a blog, a wiki or go as big as a web-based calendar application or a commercial website.
Flask is a small and powerful web framework for Python. It's easy to learn and simple to use, enabling you to build your web app in a short amount of time.
Flask mega tutorial from Miguel Grinberg
- Part I: Hello, World!
- Part II: Templates
- Part III: Web Forms
- Part IV: Database
- Part V: User Logins
- Part VI: Profile Page And Avatars
- Part VII: Unit Testing
- Part VIII: Followers, Contacts And Friends
- Part IX: Pagination
- Part X: Full Text Search
- Part XI: Email Support
- Part XII: Facelift
- Part XIII: Dates and Times
- Part XIV: I18n and L10n
- Part XV: Ajax
- Part XVI: Debugging, Testing and Profiling
- Part XVII: Deployment on Linux (even on the Raspberry Pi!)
- Part XVIII: Deployment on the Heroku Cloud
- Flask by Example: Part 1 shows the basic first steps for setting up a Flask project.
- Part 2 explains how to use PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy and Alembic.
- Part 3 describes text processing with BeautifulSoup and NLTK.
- Part 4 shows how to build a task queue with Flask and Redis.
WebSockets & SMS & MMS
- Choose Your Own Adventure Presentations with Reveal.js, Python and WebSockets.
- Building an admin interface in part 1, part 2 and part 3 about how to use forms and SQLAlchemy.
- SMS and MMS Notifications with Python
- Adding MMS Support To The Twilio.org Rapid Response Kit
- Choose Your Own Adventure Presentations with Reveal.js, Python and WebSockets
- Build an Office Phone Manager with Django, Heroku and Twilio
- Branded MMS Coupon Generation with Python and Twilio
- Video streaming with Flask is another fantastic tutorial by Miguel Grinberg
- Learn how to use Twilio Client to make browser-to-phone and browser-to-browser calls with ease.
- Simple Flask app uses Twilio Voice to do voice calling with three participants.
Tips & Experiences
- Productionizing A Flask Application. In this article, you'll learn how to organize a Flask application, add testing and documentation, and even how to enable authentication for "admin-only" content.
- How to Structure Large Flask Applications
- Flask Blueprint templates shows a way of structuring your __init__.py file with blueprints for large projects.
- One line of code cut our Flask page load times by 60%
Build & Deploy
- Packaging a Flask web appinto a pip installable python package and install it from your own pypi server
- Packaging a Flask app in a Debian package
- How to deploy Flask with standalone WSGI containers.
- Explore Flask.Explore Flask is a book about best practices and patterns for developing web applications with Flask. The book was funded by 426 backers on Kickstarter in July 2013.
- Building Web Applications with Flask by Italo Maia June 26, 2015. From the beginning, Building Web Applications with Flask shows you how to utilize Flask's concepts, extensions, and components to create engaging, full-featured web projects. You'll learn how to properly handle forms using WTForms, devise convenient templates with Jinja2 tags and macros, use NoSQL and SQL databases to store user data, test your projects with features and unit tests, create powerful authentication and user authorization, as well as administrative interfaces with ease, and more.
- Writing-Idiomatic-Python[ebook]. You're Not Writing Pythonic Code. But You Could Be. Are you even sure what "Pythonic" code is? Writing Idiomatic Python will have you writing professional, "Pythonic" code in hours.
Flask Training Video Series
- An Introduction to Flask. First Steps in Web Development with Python by Miguel Grinberg, publisher: O'Reilly Media, Final Release Date: August 2014. Run time: 4 hours 8 minutes